Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Spring Card, Using Freshly Picked Cricut Cartridge

Here is another card I did today for the Creating Keepsakes Community challenge. Yes, this is one of my new cartridges from cricut machine.com. Love those those deals when I can find them. Wahoo!! This card I am going to save and give to someone who has a birthday coming up.


Supplies Needed;

Cricut Cartridge Freshly Picked

Printed Paper, Cardstock

Gems

Chalks

Clear Glue, Adhesive Squares

Cricut Cutting Machine

Blade 5, Pressure med or high, Speed low or med


Cut the following with your Cricut Cutting Machine.

Cut 1- 2 in hat 1, cut 1- 2 hat 1 shift, cut 1- 2 in hat 1 layers, cut 1- 2 in hat 1 layers shift, cut 1- 2 in hat 1 layers 2.

Cut 1- 1 1/2 in word bloom flower 6, and cut 1- 1 1/2 in word bloom flower 6.

Assemble the hat with all the pieces and then chalk specific areas of the hat that you would like. Chalk around the entire edges of the mat and card. Assemble the the word bloom then glue to a mat. I used my decorative corner rounder for the four corners.

The mat for the card base is a piece that I did not measure. I just eyed it.

Add gems where the photo shows.

I loved the colors and the gems. May have to purchase more gems, they add a bit of fun sparkle.




7 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty....love the colors and bling.
    Thankyou for you kind comment on my blog. I'm now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I love the colors you've chosen. So bright and Spring-y.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute. love all of the details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that saying: Bloom Where You're Planted, and used it in the "Explosion Box" I have posted on my blogsite (www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com). You have very sweet and fun handwriting for cardmaking! I am a new follower, and thank you too for becoming one of my followers. YES, do get a Cuttlebug -- you'll be glad you did!

    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. I especially love the hat. Thanks for the kind comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks girls for the comments and following. Looking foward to more ideas on your sites too.

    Blessings,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am coming from Ash's blog! I love your very Springy card and your sentiment! I also love that you share your favorite verse "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son..." Beautiful! Thanks for sharing and congrats on your awards!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments. Love to hear what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by and visiting. Happy Creating!!

Blessings,
Carol