Wednesday, August 22, 2012

School is Aproaching Quickly

At our home we homeschool. Our new school year is quickly approaching, a bit faster than we choose. Officially our start date is September 3rd. My daughter will be in 6th grade and my son in 4th grade. It amazes me how quickly the time has flown by and my children are growing up. Seems as if it was not very long ago my daughter was starting kindergarten!! The Lord has been very good to my family through the years regarding purchasing school books. I don't think that many of the books were brand new. You see, I am a major researcher, finding used books at super low prices. Being frugal is a must in our home. My own feelings are these; "I know that I can find it cheaper somewhere else if I just look around".

With the economy the way it is, more families are trying to make their dollars stretch. On average my family of 4 spends less that $300.00 on groceries per month. In fact, there are times where we only have less that $100.00 to spend in a months time. Sometimes life can be hard and the struggles are really rough. This scripture really helps me through those days; 2 Corinthians 4:16-18, Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and monehtary troubles are achieving for us and eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

I hope your day is joyful and a blessing.
 
Blessings,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments. Love to hear what you have to say. Thanks for stopping by and visiting. Happy Creating!!

Blessings,
Carol